Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew is one of the most popular Fall coffee drinks. Instead of having to put on pants and leave your house to get one, try making it at home!
First off, you need a great cold brew coffee base. You make cold brew coffee by allowing ground coffee to steep in cold water over a long period of time (12-24 hours). This slow extraction process makes the coffee less acidic and bitter. This works especially well as a base for this pumpkin spiced drink.
With Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, you might think, “Wow, that looks like a lot of steps”. So let us put your mind at ease.
First off, the vanilla syrup. You do not need to make this homemade. You can purchase any vanilla coffee syrup from your local grocery store or from a restaurant supply store. The same can be said for the pumpkin sauce. However, we love all things homemade, so if you can spare the time, try it! The nice part about the vanilla syrup and pumpkin sauce? They’ll last you a while, so you can make a plain vanilla latte or a plain pumpkin spice latte whenever you want.
Once you have all the components made, assembling the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew comes down to preference. If you love the gorgeous effect of the separation before you drink it, then we recommend crushed or small cubed ice. Large ice cubes from a typical tray won’t hold the separation as well. The cream will mix instantly no matter how carefully you pour.
Some recipes out there only use half & half or whole milk in their Pumpkin Cream base. We chose to add heavy cream as well. We found that the heavy cream more closely matched the consistency of the original Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew.
To make the cold brew coffee, we used the RSVP Cold Brew Coffee Maker. This uses a pitcher with a built-in filter to make the cold brew. Simply place the grounds in the filter, fill with water, and allow to brew in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Remove the filter and your cold brew coffee is ready.
A simple handheld milk frother works to make the pumpkin cream for the cold brew, so choose whichever you want. If you don’t have a frother, you can place it into a Pyrex measuring cup and whisk it. Whisk it real good. Then assemble it all together to sip and enjoy!
PUMPKIN CREAM COLD BREW
Rich and flavorful cold brew coffee with pumpkin spice cream.
- 2Vanilla beans
- 1Cup Sugar
- 1-1/2Cups Water
- 1 - 14ozCan Sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4Cup Pumpkin puree
- 1/4Cup Sugar
- 2tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1tsp Vanilla
- Pinch Sea salt
- 1oz Pumpkin sauce
- 1oz Heavy cream
- 1oz Half & half
- 1/2oz Vanilla syrup
- In medium sauce pan, bring water to a boil.
- Split the vanilla beans in half and scrape out the insides.
- Add vanilla beans and vanilla bean shells to boiling water.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Add sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove vanilla bean shells and pour into heat proof bottle. Store on countertop for up to 1 month.
- Combine all ingredients together and whisk until sugar has dissolved. Store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Combine all ingredients into a small pitcher or glass. Use milk frother to foam until consistency is thick.
Assembling the Pumpkin Cold Brew Cream
- Pour vanilla syrup into glass.
- Add cold brew coffee.
- Add small ice cubes to maintain separated effect. Crushed works best.
- Pour pumpkin cream over the top and garnish with pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!